As a small-business owner, I thought I would focus today's case study on a common challenge for small businesses. How does a small business boost website traffic, hence boosting overall visibility?
Your company website is the best way for prospective customers to get to know you. Plus, an informative and well-designed website can be a great equalizer. A small business is lucky in that if they are clever enough, and if they spend their time and money wisely, they can build their web presence to make them compete very effectively against huge corporations.
Today's case study is brought to us from Marketing Science, a marketing consulting firm that focuses on helping small businesses realize success. This case study and others can be found on their website. I like this story because it provides practical advice about how a small business can boost organic search results.
Client: Paage Et Cie Ltd.
Industry: Personal Management & Organization Services
Business Problems: Although a highly successful small business for 15 years, the 3 year old company website was receiving near ZERO natural (organic) search traffic.
The company's Internet presence was invisible to prospective clients. The website infrastructure (Meta tags, headings, keywords, etc.) was poorly designed from an Online marketing standpoint and was not optimized at all for search engine traffic or search engine marketing effectiveness.
- Site was designed to be visually appealing , but unknowingly at the expense of marketing performance
- No Meta Tags
- Used One Title tag for all 25 pages of website - a major "no no"
- Traffic was poor, only receiving referral visits by word-of mouth from a few friends and associates
- Very low keyword density
Marketing Solution: Marketing Science implemented a full service Search Engine Optimization and Search Marketing Campaign. Setup and optimized Google AdWords and Yahoo Search Marketing accounts for pay per click advertising, including:
- Create and implement a website marketing plan (SEO, article marketing, content development strategy, etc.)
- Create website content that uniquely positions client
- Keyword research, keyword selection, keyword optimization
- Search engine optimization & search engine marketing techniques
- Integrated ecommerce shopping cart in client website to sell booklets from website